In today’s edition of EV News Daily, we have covered headlines from Kia which has reported a decline in the sales of EV6 by up to 69% in March 2023, Tesla reports delivery numbers for the first quarter of 2023, Stellantis which has launched Drive for Design Contest 2023, Giga Texas which has achieved a production capacity of 4,000 Model Y’s per Week.
Kia EV6 Sales Decline By upto 69% in March 2023
- Kia America has reported strong sales numbers overall for March in the United States but the sales of the all-electric Kia EV6 has declined to just 988 units last month.
- In March, the company sold 71,294 vehicles out of which the Kia EV6 accounted for only 1.4 percent (988 units) of the total sales volume.
- As the sales of the electric crossover continue to decrease, it is now down by almost 69 percent compared to the previous year’s sales of 3,126 units in March.
Source: Inside EVs
Tesla Reports Record Deliveries for the First Quarter of 2023
- Tesla motors today shared the vehicle production and deliveries report for the first quarter of 2023. Here are the key numbers:
- Total deliveries Q1 2023: 422,875
- Total production Q1 2023: 440,808
- The Report says Tesla delivered 422,875 vehicles to customers globally in the first quarter, beating its previous record of 405,278 vehicles achieved in the last quarter of 2022.
- The first quarter delivery numbers represent a 36% growth on a year-on-year basis and a 4% increase compared to the previous quarter.
- Model 3 sedans and Model Y crossovers, Tesla’s more affordable offerings, made up around 97% (412,180) of the company’s first-quarter deliveries. The remainder were Tesla’s luxury vehicles.
- Tesla did not include production and delivery numbers for its heavy-duty Semi trucks in the report.
- The company said it produced 19,437 Model S and X vehicles, and 421,371 of its Model 3 and Y vehicles for the period ending March 31, 2023.
- Tesla will post its financial results for the first quarter of 2023 after the market close on Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
Original Source: Tesla
Stellantis Launches Drive for Design Contest 2023
- Stellantis launches drive for design contest 2023 for high school students grades 10-12 to design a future electrified Ram Truck.
- The winning sketch will be featured on the Stellantis social media platforms and the deadline for submission is Friday, April 21, 2023, at 11:59 P.M.
- Judges will evaluate each finalist’s entry according to the following weighted criteria:
- Craftsmanship – 25%
- Design Quality – 25%
- Illustration – 25%
- Originality – 25%
- First Place winner will be eligible for a Summer Design Internship with the Ram Design Studio.
Original Source: Stellantis
Giga Texas Achieves Production Capacity of 4,000 Model Y’s per Week
- Tesla Gigafactory Texas has achieved a production capacity of 4,000 Model Y’s per week as it continues to ramp up production.
- GigaTexas officially entered production almost one year ago, at the end of August 2022, the production capacity was 1,000 units per week, and on December 15, the production capacity was 3,000 units per week.
- Tesla is also dependent on the production volume of its new 4680-type battery cells and will be able to ramp up Model Y production as cell production increases.
- On March 25, the Tesla GigaBerlin also announced reaching a production rate of 5,000 vehicles per week.
For Yesterday’s edition of EV News Daily, Please click here
1 thought on “EV News Daily |Kia EV6 Sales Decline |Tesla Delivery Numbers Q1 2023 | Stellantis Drive for Design Contest 2023 | Giga Texas 4k Model Y/week”