In today’s edition of EV News Daily, we have covered headlines from Ford which confirmed that all of its EVs are eligible for Federal Tax Credits as per the new 2023 rules, Kia’s Flagship EV9 SUV which makes its US Debut, BMW group has released details about the next generation Mini Countryman Electric, 2025 Ram 1500 REV which will offer startling 500-Mile range when fully charged.
Ford Confirms That All of its EVs are Eligible for Federal Tax Credits as Per the New 2023 Rules
- Ford says that all three of its electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids are eligible for Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) federal tax credits in 2023.
- The company’s Mustang Mach-E electric SUV will be eligible for a $3,750 credit, while the F-150 Lightning pickup truck will be eligible for a $7,500 credit.
Kia’s Flagship EV9 SUV Makes its US Debut, Will Launch Later This Year
- Just over a week after its global premiere Kia’s Flagship EV9 SUV made its U.S. debut today at the New York International Auto Show.
- Kia also announced that the EV9 will be built in West Point, Georgia beginning in 2024, making it the Korean automaker’s first EV to be assembled on US soil.
- The US-version Kia EV9 regurgitates the specs of the global model, however, we’ll have to wait some more for Kia to release US pricing and EPA-rated range ratings of the 2024 EV9.
- The EV9 is expected to launch in the US sometime in Q4 of 2023 and other pertinent details are expected to be revealed closer to the launch.
- Kia is expected to add a third EV, a small crossover called EV5, to its U.S. lineup next year.
2025 Ram 1500 REV to Offer a Startling 500-Mile Range, Leaving Behind the F-150 Lightning and Hummer EV
- The upcoming Ram 1500 REV electric pickup truck will offer up to 500 miles of driving range when fully charged, Stellantis confirmed on Wednesday as it officially revealed the vehicle.
- This estimated range would top all-electric pickups currently available in the market such as GMC’s Hummer EV, Ford’s F-150 Lightning, and Rivian’s R1T.
- The expected 500-mile range comes with an extremely large 229-kWh battery pack – bigger than any other all-electric pickup truck that’s currently available or expected from an established automaker.
- Stellantis also said a standard 168-kilowatt-hour battery pack will also be offered which has a targeted range of up to 350 miles.
- Both the battery pack sizes will be able to add up to 110 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes with 800-volt DC fast charging. It also will be capable of vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-home, and vehicle-to-grid bi-directional charging.
- The Ram 1500 REV will have a towing capacity of up to 14,000 pounds, a payload of up to 2,700 pounds, and class-leading storage in its front truck.
- The performance figures for the electric pickup include a 0-60 mph time of 4.4 seconds, 654 horsepower and 620 pounds-feet of torque, and up to 24 inches of water fording.
- Stellantis CEO, Carlos Tavares during the truck’s unveiling at the New York International Auto Show said, “We will be able to compete, if not win the battle. It’s all about performance. It’s all about functionalities. It’s all about being competitive.”
- Ram did not announce pricing for the 1500 REV but it will be available in five trims including Tradesman, Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, Limited, and a new trim called Tungsten.
- The company on Wednesday has also reopened reservations for the Ram 1500 REV after closing the program days after opening it following the brand’s Super Bowl ad.
- Ram has reconfirmed that an extended-range gas-electric version of the pickup with even more range called the Ram 1500 XR, will launch after the all-electric version of the pickup truck.
Next Generation Mini Countryman Electric Details Released
- BMW has officially released key details about the new generation of the Mini Countryman, it will be the first electric car of the Mini brand to have all-wheel drive.
- The MINI Countryman E will deliver 140 kW/191 hp, whereas the MINI Countryman SE ALL4 is the brand’s first all-wheel-drive fully- electric vehicle, it can generate an output of 230 kW/313 hp, including a temporary boost.
- It packs a 64.7 kWh battery with an estimated range of around 280 miles (450 km).
- Its length has increased by 13 centimeters to 4,429 mm and its height is 1,613 mm now which is almost six centimeters more than the previous generation, offering even more headroom.
- The cast light-alloy wheels have been manufactured from up to 70 percent secondary aluminum, and the surfaces of the dashboards, steering wheel, vehicle headliner and floor, and floor mats are made of recycled polyester, green electricity has been used in production to minimize the ecological footprint.
Source: BMW Group Press
For Yesterday’s edition of EV News Daily, Please click here
1 thought on “EV News Daily | Ford Confirms That All of its EVs are Eligible for Federal Tax Credits | Kia’s Flagship EV9 SUV US Debut | Mini Countryman Electric Details Released | 2025 Ram 1500 REV to Offer Startling 500-Mile Range”