In today’s edition of EV News Daily, we have covered headlines from GMC which is developing the Hummer EV Overland Concept in collaboration with EarthCruiser, Ford that has yet again hiked the Prices of F-150 Lightning, Faraday Future which has started the production of the FF 91 Futurist, Hyundai which has entered into a Joint Development Agreement with Advent Technologies for fuel cell needs.
GMC is Developing Hummer EV Overlander Concept in Collaboration with EarthCruiser
- GMC has collaborated with EarthCruiser, a global expert in overland vehicles, to design and develop a next-generation Overlanding Upfit solution for Hummer EV Pickup.
- GMC and EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles believe this collaboration will help shape the future of Overlanding and will provide zero-tailpipe-emission solutions to the Overlanding arena.
- Josh Tavel, GM executive chief engineer, Battery Electric Trucks said, “GMC and EarthCruiser have come together in their shared vision to develop top-tier, zero-compromise adventure vehicles, leveraging EarthCruiser’s engineering technologies that have resulted in unique and innovative self-contained living habitats, while keeping capability and agility at the forefront.”
- EarthCruiser CEO/Founder, Lance Gillies said, “As we consider the future of Overlanding, we are continuing to look toward key technologies like electrification that will help us explore for decades to come. Electrification presents exciting opportunities for overland use, such as precise torque control over terrain and ease of use, in addition to zero-tailpipe
emissions. We’re thrilled to be working with GM’s team of top-tier EV engineers and look to develop an overland vehicle that’s truly made for, and will define, the future of this industry.”
- The GMC HUMMER EV overlander concept will be unveiled in late summer 2023.
Original Source: EarthCruiser
How much more can the Hummer EV be raised over the normal mode height?
The Hummer EV can be raised by nearly 6 inches over the normal mode height. Hummer EV has extract mode which uses the Air Ride Adaptive Suspension system that lets the driver adjust the ride height.
Ford Yet Again Hikes the Prices of F-150 Lightning to Battle High Costs
- Ford has yet again hiked the price of its popular F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck in a series of price hikes aimed at offsetting the high input costs, the automaker’s website showed on Thursday.
- The base variant of the F-150 Lightning truck now starts at $59,974, excluding shipping and taxes, which has gone up by nearly 50% from its starting price when launched last year.
- Ford also raised the price of the mid-level Lariat trim with standard-range battery from about $74,500 to just under $76,000.
- The starting price for an F-150 Lightning in the top-line Platinum trim also increased, from about $96,900 to just over $98,000.
Why did Ford raise the price of the F-150 Lightning?
Ford has raised the price of the F-150 Lightning citing high input costs, market factors, and supply chain constraints.
Will F-150 Lightning price go down?
F-150 Lightning’s price might go down depending on the prices and the global supply chain of the critical raw materials used in the electric pickup. It would also be interesting to see if Ford is willing to pass on the margins to the customers when the raw material prices cool off. The prices may also go down in the future in case of an electric pickup price war among EV manufacturers.
Faraday Future FF 91 Futurist Enters Production at FF ieFactory California
- EV Startup Faraday Future announces the start of production (SOP) of the all-new Ultimate Intelligent TechLuxury FF 91 Futurist Alliance at its FF ieFactory located in Hanford, California.
- The FF 91 Futurist is the Company’s first production vehicle and flagship model that is expected to be offered in both the U.S. and China markets.
- The company says the FF 91 Futurist gives its users a unique rear cabin intelligent Internet system, and a revolutionary user experience designed to create a mobile, connected, intelligent, and luxurious third Internet living space and user mobility ecosystem.
- FF’s founder and CPUO, YT Jia said, “Start of Production (SOP) of the FF 91 Futurist Alliance marks FF’s most solid step as a disruptor of the traditional ultra-luxury automotive civilization.”
- FF’s direct sales model will allow customers to place orders online and experience FF’s vehicles at FF’s Company-owned and partner-owned showrooms and experience centers.
- Faraday Future plans to launch its first Flagship Brand Experience Center project in Beverly Hills. The sales efforts will begin in the Los Angeles metro region followed by the San Francisco Bay Area and the New York metro region.
- A final launch event for the FF 91 Futurist will be hosted on April 26, 2023.
Original Source: Faraday Future
Where is Faraday Future Manufacturing?
Faraday Future manufacturing facility is located in Hanford, California.
What is the MSRP for a Faraday FF 91?
Faraday has not announced the MSRP of its FF91 Futuristic but the company wants to position its vehicle in the ultra-luxury car segment. So the prices won’t be low and could be between $150,000-$200,000.
Hyundai Enters Into a Joint Development Agreement with Advent Technologies for Fuel Cell Needs
- Hyundai has entered into a Joint Development Agreement (JDA) with Advent Technologies for fulfilling its high-temperature fuel cell needs.
- Hyundai will work together with Advent, the leader in the fuel cell and hydrogen technology sectors, to further develop its Advent Ion Pair Membrane Electrode Assembly (MEA) technology.
- Advent’s advanced fuel cell technology will be evaluated and commercial criteria will be established to be used in Hyundai’s heavy-duty and/or stationary application.
- Additionally, both parties will introduce advanced cooling technologies for the mobility high-temperature proton exchange membrane (HT-PEM) fuel cell stacks.
- Dr. Vasilis Gregoriou, Chairman and CEO of Advent Technologies said, “With our common goal to decarbonize heavy-duty transport, we are committed to contributing to Hyundai’s goal of building innovative, high-performance fuel cell solutions that will make a significant impact in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.”
- “Hyundai is delighted to collaborate with Advent, a leading company in the HT-PEM space. The Ion Pair HMC-Advent MEA, forming the heart of the fuel cell, will be developed by combining the HT-PEM know-how and material technology of both parties,” said Seung Hyun Hong, Vice President and Head of the Material Research & Engineering Center at Hyundai Motor Company.
Original Source: Hyundai
For Yesterday’s edition of EV News Daily, Please click here
1 thought on “EV News Daily|Hummer EV Overlander Concept Teased|Ford Yet Again Hikes the Prices of F-150 Lightning|Faraday Future FF 91 Futurist Enters Production | Hyundai-Advent Technologies Joint Development Agreement”